Creative Types Creative Types

Awesome work. When the connections between the characters started popping up, you elevated the cartoon to another level. The final shot in front of the graffiti art managed to take me by surprise too. Just beautiful.

I think your toony art style was perfect for this kind of music video. The song was sweet. I've got nothing but good things to say.

SUNSCREEN SUNSCREEN

Thanks, man. I'll wear sunscreen this summer.

Not much to see here, just a few animations on a single scene. Cute song though. Is it original?

jimmyjimmy1960 responds:

THANKS.I'M NEW TO ALL THIS. STILL LEARNING. ORIGINAL SONG.

5D 5D

Not enough D's.

There is some cool animation in here, but there is no story and its too short to be a music video - if that's what you were going for. You have skills, you just need direction. (Direction is the missing D).

Dean & Josh Talk to Girls Dean & Josh Talk to Girls

It's ok. The cartoon doesn't have enough happening visually to justify its slow pace. The characters are all flat-looking, so some shadow might help it substantially. The writing is fine; it's good to see some situational comedy on newgrounds.

PLimH E6 Phone Call PLimH E6 Phone Call

You have a knack for interpersonal conversation and facial expressions, but without some sort of surprise or punchline they feel chort and without purpose. If you string together several scenes (like those first 2 or 3 at that party) with some more attention to backgrounds (shadows give them depth) you'll have something of a "slice of life" cartoon. I think a longer project would really help you improve.

mars714 responds:

Thank you for your advice. I'm not sure how to go about doing shadows... As for the length of these cartoons, I do have a few scripted that could be stringed together... But ... I have a tendency to not stop working on something until it's done... That's one of the reasons why these are so short, I stay up for 6-10 hours working already, if they were longer, say like 2 minutes... It would take a lot more time...

Metamorphose part 2 Metamorphose part 2

I don't understand why you've broken this up into 3 parts. It looks good, and would probably be a neat cartoon if you put them together. In parts, they are just incomplete pieces of animation.

Nodegama responds:

I had to split it because of equipment problems. (I'm using Pencil)
the deam program is crashing all the time.
I also had no software that was able to put those 3 parts back together.
and you are right. in it current state it realy is incomplete.

It feels like i am a little unprepared. (I only use freeware right now)
Got any tipps, what programs to use? Any advice helps right now.

PLimH E3 Liv'in in a Head PLimH E3 Liv'in in a Head

Your facial expressions are very good and carry the conversations well, but otherwise these aren't much to look at. If you put some of these scenes together and work on the individual backgrounds a little more (shadows, depth, etc) you could have a pretty good cartoon.

State of Decay State of Decay

I can't believe you summoned a troll.

The work you put into this music video is impressive. Making enough animaiton to cover a song usually takes a long-ass time. The animation is pretty good, but nothing really stands out. A centerpiece piece of animation would have really carried it over the top. I don't know how to feel about the gray outlines all your characters have. It sort of flattens the visuals when you don't use black outlines. It's not a problem for your cartoon though as most of the action goes left or right anyway.

Pretty cool though.

Sweet Relief Sweet Relief

This piece is mostly about drama. The nightmare at the beginning, the frightening staredown, and the mental and physical preparation and ultimate victory.

Those elements are good, but it might help to have some sort of flashback in the middle or internal narration that would explain why he is so terrified of the toilet. Most people can't relate otherwise...

but I can

ThePivotsXXD responds:

I hated the toilet so much when I was little. I would've added more if it wasn't for the challenge, like you said, it could've used a narration. The challenge was that there could only be 1 word spoken throughout the whole cartoon.

Kalki Kalki

Cute, but there isn't much else to say. It might have helped to see some other deity characters succeeding in riding their horses or some other characters in general just to give the action a feeling of exception.